Good morning, I hope you had a great weekend. For those of you who attended the Black/Latino/Asian Caucus Weekend, I hope it was productive. It was great to see all of you.
This is my last outreach to you as we are finalizing enrollment for class this week – class begins on Saturday. It’s a wonderful and exciting time as you know in politics as we prepare for primaries and elections later this year.
I am reaching out to you to see if you or anyone in your circle would be interested in taking advantage of the opportunity to engage in the invaluable training we offer. We have a few seats left and we appreciate you sharing this information with mentors/mentees/Community organizers and mover/shakers folks in your circles who would benefit by learning to hone their “raw” skills and apply themselves to advancing their communities/constituents.
The cost of the class is $700 which I like to think as a “game changer” to free yourself of limitations and labels. The world of politics is elusive and challenging at times but for the veterans among us – it’s a vocation that never gets old or boring. You just need ambition, Fire in your belly and a working brain – yes, just that simple! For the $700 you receive:
• Quality instruction for 13 Weeks at CUNY, School of Professional Studies in a State-of-the art classroom
• Quality instruction by Professor William Allen, an established CUNY Professor of Political Science, highly achieved former Board of Elections staffer, Political Strategist, Founder of a Political Club, former Candidate who has both won and lost who is an EXPERT on Petitions!
• Quality coaching in each class from a political operative with a combined 30-Year experience in government and campaigning. Campaign experience is both Democratic and Republican.
• A class Teaching Associate to help you smoothly connect and navigate your class experience and networking opportunities with both speakers and alumni
• The opportunity to author, present and have your Campaign Master Plan critiqued
• A professional assessment of your “goal” viability whether you want to be a candidate or campaign manager.
• and more.
We are proud of our achievements and tangibility of how this class and opportunity for women has grown since our first class in 2015 (note: We are pleased to recognize below in the flyer – new Council members Diana Ayala and Carlina Rivera who are graduates of that 2015 class). All of this is to say that “Running for Public Office” is a process. It does not happen without a plan, support and personal dedication. All that is required is that you take the first step by:
• sending me your 1 page (or less) essay on What position you are interested in (Candidate and what office or if you want to be a Campaign Manager) and why you want to run.
• once accepted, you simply pay your tuition and take “responsibility” for properly exploring your goal.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to email me back. Also on Saturday 2/24, the class will be off to a great start with “guest cameos” of women who are “Running for Office”! If you are serious about achieving your goals in a year or two this could be you – a candidate who is Running for Office! Thank you for your consideration and referral. Indeed you are my village and it really does take one to get women to where we need to be in the eco-system at all levels. Have a super day!