For Interview, view below:
For Podcast, listen below:
WHAT: The 12th Annual Moving Families Forward Gala. The event benefits the vital programs and ongoing services for children and families at the Ackerman Institute for the Family.
WHERE: JW Marriot Essex House – 160 Central Park S, New York, NY 10019
WHEN: Monday, October 22nd, 2018
· Press Check In: 5:30 PM
· Cocktails & Silent Auction: 6:00 PM
· Red Carpet: 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
· Dinner & Awards Ceremony: 7:00 PM
WHO: VIPS Confirmed to Attend:
· Tamsen Fadal – Eleven-Time Emmy Award-Winning PIX 11 News Anchor. Returning to host the gala for the fifth consecutive year.
· Cynthia McFadden, Senior legal and investigative correspondent for NBC News. Honored with the Ackerman Family Advocate Award.
· Lois Braverman, President Emeritus of the Ackerman Institute for the Family. Honored with the Ackerman Innovative Leadership Award.
· Arnold Syrop, Principal and creative director of Arnold Syrop Architects. Honored with the Ackerman Distinguished Service Award.
· Gisselle Acevedo, the new President & CEO, Ackerman Institute for the Family.
· Mr. G, Four-time Emmy award winning meteorologist, PIX 11 News.
Scott Stanford, Seven-Time Emmy Award Winning PIX 11 News Weeknight Sports Anchor & Host of Sunday Sports Rewind.
Ira Sallen, COO of BMG/Primary Wave & Vice Chair of the Board of Directors of the Ackerman Institute for the Family.
Leslie Roberts, Gala Co-Chair.
· Deborah Werner, Gala Co-Chair.
· Martha Fling, Honorary Co-Chair.
· Alice K. Netter, Honorary Co-Chair.
· Vicky Kahn, Gala Planning Committee.
· Gisella Lemos, Gala Planning Committee.
· Jeanette Monninger, Gala Planning Committee.
· Emilie Dubois Poteat, Gala Planning Committee.
· Nicole Poteat, Gala Planning Committee.
About Ackerman Institute for the Family
Founded in 1960, the Ackerman Institute for the Family is one of the premier institutions for family therapy and one of the best-known and most highly regarded training facilities for family therapists in the United States. The Institute serves families from all walks of life at all stages of family life.