TASTE OF HOPE
11TH ANNUAL EVENT
CHRIS WRAGGE AND RICHARD KIND
New York, April 2016: The American Cancer Society is hosting its 11th annual Taste of Hope event on Wednesday, May 25th, 2016 at the Metropolitan Pavilion in New York City. The prominent culinary, wine, and spirits event features some of New York’s most popular restaurants, chefs and beverage vendors. Guests enjoy a walk-around tasting where they can sample trademark dishes, premier wines and spirits, and inventive cocktails. The event will also feature a silent auction where guests can bid on selected items exclusively offered to Taste of Hope.
This year Taste of Hope is thrilled to present Culinary Honoree and award-winning celebrity chef David Burke, Corporate Honoree and Owner of Myriad … [Continue reading...]
American Food 2.0: United to Feed the Planet
What Is Expo Milano 2015?
• The next World’s Fair is in Milan, Italy from May 1 to October 31, 2015
• With the theme “Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life,” the Expo will promote a global dialogue about the future of our food system
• The United States of America is among 147 participating nations
The USA Pavilion at Expo Milano 2015
• The USA Pavilion, “American Food 2.0: United to Feed the Planet,” will showcase American leadership on global food issues, including food security and policy, science and technology, nutrition and health, and culinary culture.
• The main components of the USA Pavilion program are:
o Farm to Table and Back to Farm - Interactive exhibits taking visitors through the food system
o Innovation … [Continue reading...]
Taking Top Honors for their Delicious Dishes at the 11th Annual Iron Skillet® Cook Off
On Monday, October 22, 2012 amidst the sophisticated, ruby red décor of Crimson, firefighters stepped out of their firehouses and into the spotlight to take home big honors for their incredible cooking talent at our 11th Annual Iron Skillet® Cook Off. You may be familiar with culinary competitions like Food Network’s Chopped or televised throwdowns between professional chefs, but the Iron Skillet® Cook Off differentiates itself from the pack of culinary competitions by focusing on the camaraderie, spirited brotherhood, and jovial nature of the firehouse cooking clan. And it comes across in the food. At the competition, five firehouse chefs were matched up with five top restaurant chefs to see who … [Continue reading...]