Since the beginning of time, “travel” has been linked with “the holidays.” Even the trip to Grandma’s house, over the river and through the woods, has been immortalized in song! But these days, packing up the family for the holidays can be a difficult task. To help us get there comfortably, for less money, and with minimal stress, travel expert and mom of three, Kendra Thornton has some helpful tips.
With extra costs tacked on to air travel, especially when making last minute travel plans, many of us will be relying on the family car to get us where we need to go this season. According to AAA, millions of us will be hitting the road this holiday season, making car travel the preferred mode.
Kendra will offer advice on:
• Money-saving tips while on the road
• Secrets for smarter packing like leaving non-essentials behind and buying on the road. Even your car has weight restrictions!
• How to travel with your kids and pets and make sure they are comfortable
• Last minute, long distance travel: advice on searching for best rates on flights, hotels or rental cars, even now…it’s not too late!
Kendra will help you navigate the busy holiday travel season. No matter where your travels take you and your family, you’ll be sure to be well-prepared.
Travel Expert, Kendra Thornton has been packing her bags and traveling the world since she visited the Bahamas at 3 months old. She comes from a family of travel agents, giving her a unique angle on the industry, Thornton appears regularly as a leisure and business travel expert on ABC, CBS, NBC and CW affiliates across the country to share travel trends, tips and deals with millions of viewers every year. She’s also been quoted frequently on travel trends and issues in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, USA Today, and appeared regularly on the ABC, CBS and WB networks and affiliate stations across the country to discuss travel.
• What are some of the most notable trends in holiday travel this year?
• If we’re hitting the road, what are your top money-saving tips?
• What are some things we should check to ensure our cars are ready for the trek?
• How can we make sure our kids and pets have a comfortable trip?
• What are your secrets for packing light?
• If we decide to travel at the last minute, how can we find the best rates on flights, rental cars and hotels?