CSSPENA has been committed to the unity of global Chinese with a focus on the exchange and development of education, culture, technology, economy and trade in the North America. We gather the authorities from academia, science, business and politics to explore the possibilities of human development worldwide.
The 2013 just passed by was an extraordinary year as global cooperation and innovation has become the most inspiring topic. We saw that capital globalization has brought us a more innovative finance with resource consolidation, but meanwhile increasing the level of contagion of financial crisis. We saw that our education became more and more emphasized on international leadership as well as the integration of eastern and western educational patterns. And finally, in terms of climate change, we saw that although some developed nations abandoned the Kyoto Protocol, the action towards technology development against climate change on the non-governmental level has never stopped. As a result, we are glad to address our CSSPENA annual Forum topic for this year “Explore the Future: Vision and Innovation”
Address：550 1st Ave，between 34/33 street. Farkas Auditorium. New York NY 10016
1. Dongbai Ye. Science and Technology Counselor of Consulate General of the People’s Republic of China in New York. Having served in the Ministry of Science and Technology of the P.R. China for nearly 30 years, Counselor Ye has broad experience and comprehensive understanding on the history of S&T development and policy making in china, especially in the field of international cooperation. Mr. Ye has also served as a member of the standing Committee of AnShan Municipal Committee of the CP and the vice Mayor of Anshan City in Liaoning Provice. Prior to his assignment in New York, Mr. Ye’s most recent experience as a diplomat was in TOkyo, acting as the Minister-Counselor for Science and Technology in the Embassy of the P.R.China In Japan.
2. Professor C.S. Kiang has served as Chairman of the Peking University Environment Fund and the Founding Dean of the College of Environmental Sciences at Peking University between 2002 and 2006. His vision is to set up the basic infrastructure for the development of leadership in sustainable development, exploring the world impact of what China can do for the world in the 21st century. Currently, he is the CEO of Sustainable Development Technologies and Vice Chairman of Global Urban Development. He is a Councillor of the World Future Council, a member of Advisory Board of the Climate Change Capital, a member of International Council of Asia Society and a member of the Global Agenda Council of Climate Change of the World Economic Forum and an advisor of the Global Elders and other various roles in Non-profit Partners Entrepreneurships and consultation service for private corporations.
3. Meng ZhaoWen, U.S. Congressman, and promote understanding and friendship between our two peoples continue to make new contributions. (To be Determined)
4. Wang Haiyang. Chief Representative, the Representative office in New York, China Association for International Exchange of Personnel (CAIEP).Worked as Chief Representative of the representative office of CAIEP in London, Toronto and New York respectively.
5. CHRIS WHITTLE Chairman and Founder of Avenues World School. An education and media entrepreneur, Chris Whittle is Chairman of Avenues: The World School, a planned international system of private schools for pre-K-12th grades, which he founded with a world-class group of educators, scholars and entrepreneurs. Avenues’ first campus opened in September, 2012 in NYC with 750 students, the most successful launch in the history of U.S. private school education. Now with over 1,300 students in its NYC flagship campus, Avenues plans to open 20 or more schools in other major cities around the world over the next decade, including Beijing in 2016.
6. Leo Lester, KAPSARC, Riyadh. Dr Lester is a Research Fellow at KAPSARC. He is working to improve understanding of the political energy economy of the People’s Republic of China. Before joining KAPSARC’s research department in July 2013, Leo worked for BG Group, a multinational oil and gas E&P company with operations in over twenty countries. Whilst there he had a variety of roles including within their Strategy and Portfolio Development department, first as a Portfolio Analyst and later as the Group’s China specialist and Principal Macroeconomist. He has international experience, having worked in India, Thailand, the UK and now Saudi Arabia. Leo has degrees from the Universities of Oxford (Ba Hons) and Reading (PhD) in the United Kingdom. He is both a CFA charter holder and a certified Financial Risk Manager.
7. Laura Heery Prozes is co-founder of Brookwood Group, Inc. and owner of affiliate, Brookwood Design Group LLC. She is based in New York, Greenwich, CT, and Atlanta. “Health Districts”, organized with assistance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, is an initiative of the Congress for the New Urbanism (CNU), started and co-chaired by Laura Heery Prozes through “The Live/Work/Walk Foundation”. As CNU Board Member / Initiatives Chair, Laura co-chaired the 18th annual CNU, focused on economic, energy, health, and resilient community outcomes in architecture, master planning and urban design.
Laura served as Brookwood’s Principal-in-Charge for the Turner/Time Warner Campus Master Plan in Midtown Atlanta and the Peachtree Corridor redesign from urban highway to livable boulevard. She also was Brookwood’s Design Architect for the Georgia Institute of Technology Campus in Savannah. Laura has lead the concept phase for international projects, such as for The Coca-Cola Company in Brussels for their European facilities; and a project permitted for Disneyland in Paris.
8. Prof. Fred Engst（PhD） teaches economics at the University of International Business and Economics in Beijing. Also known as Yang Heping (阳和平)，Fred was born in Beijing and grew up in the years after the founding of the People’s Republic. He is the first child of Americans Erwin Engst (阳早) and Joan Hinton (寒春) who arrived in the country after WWII to participate in China’s new democratic revolution and socialist construction.
9. PANG ZHONGHUA. Honorary Chairman for Life of the Chinese Society of Hard Pen Calligraphers. Chairman of the Professional Committee on Hard Pen Calligraphy Certification Exams under the Ministry of Education. Chairman of the International Chinese Pen Calligraphers’ Federation, (USA). Board Chairman of Beijing Pang-style Culture & Sports Center.
10. Ding Li, Vice Consul, Consulate General of the P. R. China in New York Vice Consul Ding Li graduated from Harbin Engineering University with a master degree of Control Theory and Control Engineering. He has served in the Department of International Cooperation of the Ministry of Science and Technology of the P. R. China since 2010. Before that, he worked in the Potevio Institution of Technology and Motorola (China) Technology Co., Ltd as a software engineer.