We want to introduce the 10 Winners of this year’s Gotham Green Awards. For the past 5 years Gotham Networking has held these awards to recognize small to medium size companies for their contributions, inspiration and guidance in helping us all take better care of the planet and ourselves while often saving money and helping us institute more sustainable practices for our businesses and our lives.
The winners are:
1. Ace Natural is a service-focused, customer-driven natural and organic food distribution business located in New York City. Ace has a rich 20 year history providing superb service to the most discerning NYC Restaurants, caterers, food retailers and distributors. The company has a strong foothold and a passion for improving the lifestyles of New Yorkers. They were represented by their COO Alberto Gonzalez. www.Acenatural.com
2. City as Living Laboratory-Arts in City Responding to the challenges of a rapidly changing planet, Mary Miss founded CALL in 2009. CALL/City as Living Laboratory supports artists and designers in projects and programs, which engage local communities to raise awareness of the environmental risks that affect every day urban residents – concerns about the quality of the air they breathe, the threat of heat waves, flooding, storm surges, and food safety. By offering opportunities for experiential learning, discussion, and interdisciplinary collaboration, CALL provides a path for meaningful action – a means to bring about positive change. They were represented by Mary Miss and Olivia George. www.cityaslivinglab.org
3. Cornell University Sustainable group was represented by Anna Lawrence, a junior at Cornell. As the General Manager of Cornell University Sustainable Design she oversees all 11 project teams within the organization, searches for and develops new projects that align with CUSD’s mission, and communicates with current and new stakeholders. CUSD is an organization driven by passionate students who want to be the change they want to see in the world around them. Anna and Sustainable Design group has also completed an energy audit of the Smithsonian.
4. CO2logic is a pioneer in climate change and sustainability advisory. CO2logic specializes in calculating, reducing and offsetting carbon emissions and other environmental impacts. Today, more than 100 global organizations use CO2logic’s services to develop and implement their sustainability and low carbon strategies. Their main offices are in Brussels (Belgium) and New York. Co2 was represented by Arnaud Brohe www.co2logic.com/en-US
5. Foam Cycle is the first patent-pending Styrofoam collection and processing system specifically designed to be placed outdoors. This system enables municipal and county recycling drop-off centers along with colleges and universities the ability to effectively collect, densify, sell and ship the reduced foam to end user re-purpose manufactures completing a closed loop recycling process. They were represented by Lou Troiano www.foamcycle.com
6. Juice Plus – The Tower Garden by Juiceplus+ is a vertical, aeroponic growing system that grows plants with only water and nutrients and without dirt. Plants grow three times faster and produce 30% greater yields on average using fewer resources. For over 5 years they have been working with schools, community centers, restaurants and individuals. Our programs
enable kids to learn about growing, sustainability and nutrition and we bring healthy food to
underserved communities. Towers allow people to control their food source, save money and
have fun growing at home indoors or out. They were represented by Liz Saldana and Shelley
7. One Earth Conservation is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization that , inspires and emboldens the people taking a stand for themselves, One Earth achieves its mission by combining work directed outward toward nature and other beings with work directed inward toward one’s own human nature. Their outer work has proven successful in supporting people in on-the-ground parrot conservation projects in Latin America that involve endangered and threatened wild parrot populations. One Earth’s inner work has been organized into the Nurture Nature Program, which seeks to “empower the people who are saving the planet.” They were represented by Gail Koelln co-director. www.oneearthconservation.org
8. Premier Compaction Systems is a Subsidiary of Premier Facility Management. Premier designs and implements waste management programs using the most efficient equipment. Their products provide total recycling and eliminates the need for additional equipment, and labor while saving valuable interior space. Providing the right equipment encourages tenants to recycle and leaves the building with the ability to provide a more pleasing sidewalk appearance. They were represented by Bob Frustaci www.pcs-green.com
9. SBM Management Services, an environmental leader within the facilities maintenance industry for over 25 years focuses on developing empowered associates, standardized processes, management systems, and reporting tools. They protect the natural environment, and their customers’ and employees’ health. Thus, SBM supports a different approach to janitorial services offering better environmental performance, and improved worker health and safety, while retaining the same sanitation quality as traditional, more chemical-intensive methods. SBM’s green cleaning program meets LEED® certification standards and assists in waste reduction, indoor air quality improvement, and resource conservation. Brain Martin is their representative. www.sbmmanagement.com.
10. SUNation Solar Systems provides and installs solar PV Systems providing clean, sustainable energy to Residential and Commercial customers in Nassau, Suffolk and Queens. They pride themselves on providing the best performing panels and their 24/7/365 customer service and support to keep systems running at their peak. They also provide EV charging stations for electric vehicle owners and connect that to the system. They were represented by Mike Bailis www.sunationsolarsystems.com
If you would like more information about this topic or Gotham Networking or how you can be present for the awards presentation, please contact Sherry Rivera at 516 594-1400 or email at Sherryrivera1@gmail.com. In addition, please visit our website; www.gothamnetworking.com to learn more about the organization that has sponsored these awards.