ARIANNA HUFFINGTON & BARBARALEE DIAMONSTEIN-SPIELVOGEL TO BE HONORED AT THE 2ND ANNUAL ELLY AWARDS LUNCHEON BY THE WOMEN’S FORUM OF NEW YORK ON FRIDAY, MAY 18, AT THE PLAZA HOTEL BENEFITTING THE EDUCATION FUND OF THE WOMEN’S FORUM OF NEW YORK
SIX TIME EMMY® AWARD WINNING JOURNALIST KATIE COURIC & PRESIDENT OF THE METROPOLITAN MUSEUM EMILY RAFFERTY TO PRESENT THE KEY AWARDS
THREE TIME EMMY® AWARD WINNING JOURNALIST GAYLE KING TO LEAD A CONVERSATION WITH HONOREES ARIANNA HUFFINGTON & BARBARALEE DIAMONSTEIN-SPIELVOGEL AT EVENT
This year marks the 25th Anniversary of The Education Fund of The Women’s Forum of New York
WHAT: The Women’s Forum of New York will present the 2nd Annual Elly Awards Luncheon benefitting The Education Fund of The Women’s Forum on Friday, May 18 at The Plaza Hotel in New York City. The awards, named for The Women’s Forum founder Elinor Guggenheimer, will honor outstanding women leaders. Arianna Huffington & Barbaralee Diamonstein-Spielvogel will be the honorees.
WHEN: Friday, May 18. The Elly Awards will begin at 11:30 a.m. with a reception & VIP arrivals.
Press Check in is 11:00 a.m. RSVP is required as space for press is limited.
The Luncheon and Presentation will be from 12:15 to 2:00 p.m.
WHERE: The Plaza Hotel in New York City.
WHO: CONFIRMED CELEBRITIES & VIPS ATTENDING THE ELLY AWARDS INCLUDE:
The Elly Award Recipients (both in attendance)::
• Barbaralee Diamonstein-Spielvogel, Writer; Vice-Chair, NYSCA; Chair, Historic Landmarks Preservation Center.
• Arianna Huffington, President and Editor-in-Chief of The Huffington Post Media Group.
Participating Celebrities: (all confirmed to attend):
● Katie Couric, six time Emmy® Award winning journalist.
● Emily Rafferty, President of The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
• Gayle King, Emmy® Award winning journalist, will lead a conversation with the honorees following the presentation of the awards.
VIPS confirmed to attend:
• Doris P. Meister, President – US Markets – BNY Mellon Wealth Management, President of The Women’s Forum of New York.
• Carolyn Carter, former President & CEO- Europe, Middle East & Africa, GREYgroup. Co-Chair of The Elly Awards.
• Jane Chesnutt, former Editor-in-Chief of Women’s Day. Co-Chair of The Elly Awards.
• Lucy Jarvis, Legendary television producer. Legendary Chair, The Elly Awards.
• Muriel Siebert, The first woman to hold a seat on the New York Stock Exchange. Legendary Chair, The Elly Awards.
• Diana Taylor, Managing Director, Wolfensohn Fund Management. Former Elly Awards Honoree & Honorary Chair of The Elly Awards.
• Matilda Cuomo, Former First Lady of New York
• Martha Stewart, Founder, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia
• Silda Wall Spitzer, Founder and Chair, Children for Children, Former First Lady of New York
• Loreen Arbus, President & Executive Producer, Loreen Arbus Productions
• Molly Ashby, CEO, Solera Capital LLC
• Candace K. Beinecke, Chair, Hughes Hubbard & Reed
• Jessica M. Bibliowicz, Chief Executive Officer, NFP
• Lisa Dennison, Chairman-North and South America, Sotheby’s
• Janice Reals Ellig, Co-CEO, Chadick Ellig, Inc.
• Moira Forbes, President & Publisher, Forbes Woman-Forbes Media
• Suri Kasirer, Founder and President, Kasirer Consulting, LLC
• Catherine M. Keating, CEO, Americas Institutional Asset Management, JPMorgan
• Rikki Klieman, Attorney, Former TV Anchor
• Liz Krueger, Senator-New York State
• Deanna Mulligan, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
• Liz Neumark, CEO, Great Performances
• Barbara G. Novick, Vice-Chairman, BlackRock Inc.
• Gillian Sorensen, Senior Advisor, United Nations Foundation
• Barbara Tober, President, Acronym Inc., Chairman of the Board, Museum of Arts & Design
• Alair A. Townsend, Columnist, Crain’s New York Business
• Tracey T. Travis, SVP of Finance and Chief Financial Officer, Ralph Lauren Corporation
• Peg Breen, President, New York Landmarks Conservancy
• Clive Davis
• Anita Durst, The Durst Organization
• Randy and Jane Guggenheimer
• Kay Krill, President and Chief Executive Officer, Ann Inc.
• Abbe Raven, President & CEO, A+E Network
• Paul Steiger, Editor-in-Chief, Pro Publica
Elly Awards Committee:
• Beverly Beaudoin, President, The Education Fund of the Women’s Forum.
• Beth Canavan, Executive Vice-President, Tiffany & Co.
• Patricia Hennessy Chadwick, Bloomingdales SVP, Regional Director of Stores.
• Irene Cohen, Partner – Cohen and Miners.
• Suzanne Dowling, President & CEO – SuzanneDowlingAssociates, LLC.
• Julie Greiner, Chief Merchandise Planning Officer – Macy’s Inc.
• Doris P. Meister, President – US Markets – BNY Mellon Wealth Management & President of The Women’s Forum of New York.
• Barbara J. Friedman, Consultant for Career Development/Industry Relations – LIM College.
• Emita Hill, Chancellor Emeritus – Indiana University Kokomo.
• Amy Dorn Kopelan, President – Bedlam Productions Inc.
• Liz Newmark, CEO – Great Performances.
• Denise V. Seegal, Executive Director – M. Magtague Co. Ltd.
• Eugenia Ulasewicz, President, Americas – Burberry.
• Ilene Wachs President, Horizon Casualty Services, Inc., Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey.
• Linda A. Willett, Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary – Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey.
The 2012 Elly Awards:
Legendary Chairs: Lucy Jarvis, Muriel Siebert
Honorary Chair: Diana Taylor
Chairs: Carolyn Carter, Jane Chesnutt
Committee: Beverly Beaudoin, Beth Canavan, Patricia Hennessy Chadwick, Irene Cohen, Suzanne Dowling, Julie Greiner, Doris P. Meister, Barbara J. Friedman, Emita Hill, Amy Dorn Kopelan,
Liz Neumark, Denise V. Seegal, Eugenia Ulasewicz, Ilene Wachs, Linda A. Willett
SILVER ANNIVERSARY SPONSOR
Anonymous, The Loreen Arbus Foundation, Dede Thompson Bartlett,
The Blackstone Charitable Foundation, Chadick Ellig, The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.,
Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P., Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, Ralph Lauren Corporation, Adam & Lenore Sender, Linda A. Willett.
AECOM Technology Corporation; A+E Networks; Dr.Georgette F. Bennett; Bloomberg; BoomBox, Inc.; Burberry; Amy Butte Liebowitz; Suzanne Clary; Con Edison; Deloitte; Ernst & Young LLP; Great Performances and CPS Events at The Plaza; Greenberg Traurig LLP; Lucy Jarvis; Dorothy Lichtenstein,
J.P. Morgan; Ann Kaplan; Karen Katen Foundation; Barbara Novick; Scotiabank; Muriel Siebert; Diana Taylor; Juliana Curran Terian; Tiffany & Co.; Lulu C. Wang; Marissa C. Wesely.
The Women’s Forum of New York:
The Women’s Forum of New York is New York’s premier organization of women leaders comprised of the highest women achievers across all professional sectors from finance to fine arts.
They advance women’s leadership three ways:
● through core programing which provides personal and professional enrichment to their members
● through the Education Fund which provides education awards to high potential women whose careers have been derailed by adversity
● through their Board Initiative which expands and extends the contribution of women leaders through participation on corporate and civic boards.
The Education Fund is an educational and charitable arm of The Women’s Forum of New York, established under a separate corporate governance as a 501(c)3 tax deductible organization.
Since 1987, the Fund has helped mature women pursue educational goals and enhance their capacities to provide productive and supportive service to their communities. The Award recognizes extraordinary and often heroic effort in overcoming adversity and the most daunting of odds in restructuring lives for success.
Grants are awarded to women over the age of 35 who, after suffering great adversity and an interruption in their education, are now pursuing undergraduate college degrees. Students in this population are often single parents, economically disadvantaged and struggling with the rising costs of a college education. Over the past 25 years, 130 women have been honored by The Education Fund.