Listen to “What Does Peace Mean To Chloé Temtchine?” on Spreaker.
Chloé Temtchine, an award-winning singer/songwriter and speaker, suffered congestive right-heart failure in 2013 and was rushed to the ER. Chloé was told that she had a rare and fatal lung condition, Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH), that she had little time left to live, and that she would have to be on oxygen for the rest of her life.
Six years later, and many days more than doctors thought possible, Chloé lived with a newfound sense of meaning, purpose, and passion. She wrote music, performed, and used her talent to inspire and empower those affected with PAH and other chronic illnesses, via entertainment.
In July of 2020, she suffered a heart attack (due to PAH and Pulmonary Veno Occlusive Disease), ended up in a coma for four days, and on life-support (ECMO) for 21 days. She was told that her only option left was to have a double-lung transplant.
Miraculously, on August 5th, she was the recipient of a life-saving, double-lung transplant. Today, only seven months post-surgery, she is thriving and is continuing her dual mission of using her story and music to bring hope to those in need and of also bringing awareness to PAH and to the importance of organ donation.
In addition to writing music, performing, and spreading her message, she created Super Brave Kids, a series that consists of Chloé interviewing pediatric patients who are living with a chronic illness with the aim of providing hope and inspiration to these Superhero kids and to those watching.
Here is the very short, condensed version of her story (4 minutes): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRHq6Xz40_o
Her website: www.chloetemtchine.com
And a few more links:
• Her recent feature in the New York Post: https://nypost.com/2021/02/25/singer-performs-for-the-first-time-since-lung-transplant/
• Chloe’s recent feature on KTLA: https://ktla.com/video/38-year-old-brentwood-singer-finds-her-voice-again-after-lung-transplant/6191339/
• On The Doctors TV Show: https://youtu.be/ELOqlRxPeFU
• “You Save Me”, an original song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sB64ZaKbJs
• “Rise”, an original song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdnom-cRx_A