Safety Tips Thanks to National Geographic
Coastal residents should form evacuation plans before a warning is issued to identify a safe shelter and a route to get there.
- Stock up on emergency supplies including food, water, protective clothing, medications, batteries, flashlights, important documents, road maps, and a full tank of gasoline.
- As a storm unfolds, evacuees should listen to local authorities on radio or television. Evacuation routes often close as a storm develops.
- Dedicated professionals and improved technology have made hurricane forecasting more accurate than ever before—but it’s far from precise.
- If forced to weather a storm, get inside the most secure building possible and stay away from windows.
- Remember that a lull often signifies the storm’s eye—not its end. Anyone riding out a hurricane should wait for authorities to announce that the danger has passed.
UP-COMING GOOD NEWS SPECIALS:
9/11 SPECIAL TRIBUTE
We invite all to attend a Pete Seeger and Friends concert in New York City at New York University on 9/11. The event is for HOPE and FORGIVENESS A TRIBUTE TO THE RESPONDERS OF 9/11. www.goodnewsplanet.com will be broadcasting the program which will feature many artists who want to share their thanks. A Tribute in Music and Film: “LOVE WINS,” an afternoon of music, stories, and film will pay tribute to 9-11 responders and to those who lost their lives and loves on that tragic day
The event will also benefit www.forgivetogive.org,
National Grandparents Day 9/11
Additionally that day, we will celebrate on www.goodnewsplanet.com National Grandparents Day, which ironically falls on the same day. Johnny Prill shares his song with us and we are proud to share it with you.
10th Anniversary International Day of Peace – Peace Vigil.
September 25, we will be having and broadcast our 10th Anniversary International Day of Peace – Peace Vigil. We will be having this program in Central Park, at the BandShell all day. Please go to www.vigil4internationalpeace.org for the latest information.
4th Annual “ Water Not Weapons” Day
October 4, the 4th Annual “ Water Not Weapons” Day to be held on the Frying Pan pier at 26th Street and the Hudson River.
Please go to our new blog, Paul’s Blog on www.goodnewsplanet.com to hear the latest on these important events. The photo of me on the top of this page is with three of the celebrities for our shows, the Peace Parrots.
The following are the Johnny Prills lyrics for the National Song for Grandparents Day that we wanted to share.
The National Grandparents Day Song
Words and Music by Johnny Prill
In closing, I want to share an important legal document that our friend and elder law attorney Ann Carrozza, (www.myelderlawattorney.com) suggests that everyone should create an Appointment of Agent to Dispose of Remains document. Hopefully, this document can make the process of loss of life easier for the surviving family.
Let’s all take a moment of silence to be thankful for all we have and to thank those who have responded or lost their lives from acts of hatred and misunderstanding. Let Peace Prevail on Earth.
Grandpa Paul Sladkus, Reverend (Interfaith Minister)