At this meeting, we will:
- Set the stage for the 2014 International Day of Peace
- Discuss the theme as it relates to the post-2015 SDG agenda, the Secretary-General’s Rights Up Front Initiative, our ongoing work with Peace Education, and IDP observances in local communities
- Offer the opportunity to join any our amazing and varied Peace Teams working with cities, communications, business, youth, education, sport, spirituality and more
- Invite NGOs to propose youth to present their peace projects at the UN IDP student observance on the morning of Sept. 19 at UN headquarters
- Share promotional campaigns and networks engaged in the IDP, such as the Shift Network’s “Summer of Peace” launch on Friday, June 13 (register for free at http://summit.summerofpeace.net/)
- Hear your ideas and projects!
We hope you can join us next Thursday. For those of you who can’t be there in person, we will follow up with notes, links and resources. Please send us your plans, so that we can share them with others.
May Peace Prevail on Earth!
The IDP NGO Committee
Amb. Anwarul K. Chowdhury – Honorary Chair
Michael Johnson, Deborah Moldow, Shawn Sweeney, Monica Willard – Co-Chairs