A new study from the University of Toronto suggests what many suspected all along; that morning risers are happier than their late night counterparts and have a more positive and upbeat outlook. The results, which entailed the habits of two groups, young adults and older adults, also identified the older populace as early birds and the younger populace as night owls. For those late risers, young or old, looking to rise and shine with a sunnier, happier outlook, the following eight tips are suggested to help become a morning person.
Cathy Beggan, founder of Rise-N-Shine, LLC, early morning specialist and creator of Wake Up On Time, the “alarm clock inside of a pill”, recommends the following tips to help turn night owls into early birds overnight.
- Avoid chocolate, red wine and coffee in the evening hours. These specific foods have been shown in scientific studies to upset the intestines and disturb sleep patterns more than other foods.
- Eat dinner at least 3-4 hours prior to bedtime to allow the food to digest before lying down.
- Get enough sleep and try to be consistent. Everyone’s sleep allowance is different, so judge accordingly, but it’s more important to go to bed and wake up at the same time every day.
- Prepare yourself the night before. Facilitate the transition to morning person by getting some of the everyday tasks out of the way the night before.
- Try a delayed released energy pill before bed, such as, “Wake Up On Time”. Pop this “all-natural” rooster pill before bed and wake up 6 to 8 hours later feeling alert, refreshed and energized without morning grogginess or sleepiness.
- Drink a glass of water. The body becomes dehydrated during sleep and lack of water causes many fatigue symptoms in the morning. Water also helps to kick start the body’s metabolism.
- Think positive thoughts. The night before, write down one positive thought, memory, goal or affirmation and read it when you wake up. Happy thoughts make happy people.
- Breathe deeply and stretch. Inhaling and exhaling deeply while stretching increases both the oxygen and blood circulation to help increase your mental and physical energy levels.
Rise-N-Shine, LLC is a New Jersey based all-natural supplement company engaged in developing proprietary, targeted supplements on the basis of meeting everyday needs naturally. Founded in 2006 by Cathy Beggan, the company has over twenty products designed to help people feel and look their best and can be found at http://www.wakeupontime.com.