1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. Get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, ‘My purpose is to __________ today.’
5. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6. Play more games and read more books than you did in 2009.
7. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, tai chi, and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
14. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn.
15. Smile and laugh more.
16. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
17. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
18. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
19. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
20. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
23. The best is yet to come.
24. Do the right thing!
25. Call your family often. (Or email them to death!)
26. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
Submitted By-Marcela Gomez